We want to provide the best possible service—not just in hosting your game servers, but as a business. That includes being clear and transparent about how we handle refunds. We don't want you to feel like we're trying to rip you off.
If you're ever unhappy with FRAG, for any reason, just get in touch and we'll take care of you.
We assume that things are all going well, so we don't refund by default. If you'd like a refund, mention it when you get in touch with us.
Our '30 day money-back guarantee'
We're happy to refund you within 30 days of paying for your first game server, for any reason. We'll still ask why, in case there's anything we could help with or improve for customers in the future, but you don't have to tell us.
This only applies to your first ever game server with FRAG, but it takes precedence over the guidelines below.
Examples of full refunds we'd grant
- If you were just charged for your next month of your game server, but you meant to cancel, we're happy to refund that extra charge.
- If you forgot to cancel your game server a couple months ago, and you haven't used it since then, we'll give you a full refund for a couple months back.
- If you're not able to use your server properly because of a problem with our control panel or infrastructure, and we know about it, we'll give you a full refund.
Examples of partial refunds or credits we'd grant
- If you forgot to cancel your game server more than a few months ago, we'll take a look at whether or not your server was used or active, and work out a fair portion to refund. The reason we're not likely to provide a full refund for many months in the past is because we still had to pay for infrastructure to host your server during that time.
- If something's not working with our control panel or infrastructure, but your game server is still generally available, we'll provide credit towards your next month. The amount of credit depends on the severity of the issue and how long it took to fix, and is capped at the amount of one month of your server subscription.
- If one of our providers has scheduled or unscheduled maintenance which means that your server isn't working, we'll provide credit towards your next month. We aren't usually compensated by our providers when something goes wrong on their end, but we know how frustrating it is when your game server isn't working.
Examples of things that probably aren't eligible for a refund
These are some examples of scenarios we've had in the past that typically wouldn't qualify for a refund. We want you to be happy with our service, so feel free to get in touch even if you think your situation is listed here.
- If something isn't working with your server because of a bug with the game, that's probably not eligible for a refund.
- If something that you install or configure yourself—like a map or a mod—isn't working, that's probably not eligible for a refund. We'll happily point you in the right direction for help, which might be a gaming forum.
Get in touch
At the end of the day, nearly everything on the edges comes down to a case-by-case basis. Tell us what's up, and we'll work with you to make sure you're happy.
We've adapted this policy from the Basecamp open-source policies (CC BY 4.0).